Monday 13 September 2010

New to blogging

Good Morning reader!

I don't know who you are or what may have brought you here, but welcome!

This is my first post and I must confess I am a bit nervous. I admire people who have blogs and consistently and brilliantly maintain them. I am going to endeavour to do the same, but understand if I am, to start with, a little bit aprehensive. After all, the internet is so vast and there are so many interesting people!

In this blog, I am going to cover mainly 3 topics which are may main passions. They don't necessarily always blend well with each other, but they make me who I am and shape my thoughts and life because I have chosen them to do so.

First of all there is dance
Particularly ballet, but not just. I lvoe dancing and I love watching dance performances. To me all forms of art have immense merit, but dance has got to be the most expressive one. There are still photographs of my ballet school performance where we were smurfs (I know! A smurf ballet! This idea should be revisited) and you can see my face is pure joy.

Then there is fashion
Again, since very little I had my very own ideas about style and had the luck of having a master trainer in the shape of my mum. Together, she taught me to shop, the importance of cut and fabric and how to spot and avoid mistakes. She also watched endless classic Hollywood movies with me, which formed the the standard of chic and style I use up to this day to appreciate fashion.


Finally there is science.
Technological advance is impressive, especially nowadays when we take for granted things we would have never thought of having at an average person level 50 years ago. I find immense pleasure in reading about pthe more comprehensible (for me) natural sciences: psychology, sociology, animal behavious, medical advances, ethology, etc. I do try with what little I can understand of physics, chemistry and mathematics, although these are the powerful fordces of our world. As a convinced sceptic I applaud those who can communicate the facts of this world without resorting to otherworldly causes.


So this is now my map and what I will try to share here will be related to one of the topics above, which hopefully will create interesting reading and conversation.


Many thanks and welcome to my blog again

No comments:

Post a Comment